Thursday, February 2, 2012

My Project Life's 1st few pages...

So I couldn't just jump in and start my PL without sorting through the core kit and looking at all the colours and designs. I think I 'shuffled' the cards for a couple of days before I decided to actually start.  I had to take a picture of the core kit all gleefully spread out.



My first few pages actually went together really quick.  But I found that inserting the filler/journal cards too simple for me, so I decided to dress the cards up a little.  I figure, I have enough stash, why not?  Plus I was worried about using the filler cards up too quick so I thought that if I used some of my own stash, I would stretch the kit further.

I also wanted to use up my paper scraps and to keep my embellishing real simple and easy.  So any stickers would work but gluing, embossing and stamping were out.  I was happy with the results because even with cutting some paper to size and embellishing a bit, it took no time at all.

I managed to complete my first 3 pages in an evening:




I was supposed to start my PL with pictures starting from 2007 and the next day, I was looking at the pictures and realized the date stamp was for 2008! (Okay, I was tired.)

So I put those pages aside after changing the title card to the correct date and went to work on the pictures for the correct year.  And managed to do these:




The other great thing I realized about PL is that I can do a page in small time frames as well - 15 minutes to do a page and I feel like I've accomplished something crafty.  Cool!

Hope you enjoyed!  =) Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment