Wednesday, December 12, 2012

December Daily Album 2012, the beginnings....

Following many blogs,  I got inspired and I decided to try and make a December Daily album.  It was too late for me to order the kit through Calico Studio as it was sold out but I could order the stamp set through Technique Tuesday and the overlays from Ali Edwards and Designer Digitals.  I decided to try just a 4X6 album as it seems small & simple, so that is the size of overlays I bought.  What I didn't anticipate was how difficult it was to find a 4X6 album that was binder style & landscape.

I hunted & searched & hunted again.  I came across a recipe book that had 2up, 4X6 recipe cards that would be perfect.  All I would need to do is cover the album.  Just used parcel paper then embellished.



I printed & cut out my overlays on white card stock.  I decided I wanted to wait till I got the stamp from Technique Tuesday before embellishing the pages.  Meanwhile I was perusing different blogs for different ideas and I came across this blog,  I Like Grey, and fell in love with her monochromic colour scheme of white, grey and black.

I thought..... ohhhhhh......  I like this.  I want to try it.  So I started pulling grey/white coloured patterned paper and started making my foundation pages and front & back covers.  My take on 'I Like Grey's' album.




Today is also 12.12.12 and many scrapbookers especially those who follow Dear Lizzy are going to try the 'Daily Dozen: 12 on 12.  I have my camera out, so I may try this.  We'll see.

Today is also my Uncle's 66th birthday.

A big shout out to him - 'Happy Birthday Uncle Bob!'
=) Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment